San Antonio’s Premiere Acupuncture Clinic
Let’s face it: It can be challenging to make the changes necessary to be healthy on all levels of being. Our modern world is full of distractions, as we are expected to keep up with all of the hectic demands of daily life. If you feel like you have lost yourself, you are not alone.
When we are struggling with chronic health problems, so often it is a sign that we need to look deeper into our lives and make a higher commitment to creating the life that we really want. Rather than just putting a band-aid on our symptoms to make us feel a little better, we need to make some fundamental changes that will enable healing to take place at a core level. This often means changing the way that we perceive the world as much as it does changing our diet, exercise habits, etc.
Chinese medicine is an ancient healthcare system that can gently guide you to a more vital, meaningful, and enjoyable life. At Balance Acupuncture and Herbs, we pride ourselves on using acupuncture and Chinese herbs to not only improve your current health symptoms, but to also educate you about how you can live the fullest, most beneficial life that you can in order to keep yourself thriving for as long as you live.
In this sense, we pick up where Western medicine so often leaves off. We take the time to help you heal yourself on all levels of being, not just give you some temporary relief so you feel a little better. That is the power of Chinese medicine and the purpose behind Balance Acupuncture and Herbs.
Chinese Medicine is based on the knowledge that the human body has an enormous capacity for self-healing. At Balance Acupuncture and Herbs we are dedicated to nurturing that ability within every individual patient. We have successfully treated hundreds of patients for disorders ranging from:
Headaches and migraines
Menstrual disorders ( from painful periods to menopause )
Depression and Anxiety
And much more!
What sets us apart?
- We treat the whole patient, not just the disease
- We provide a thorough and comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis.
- We educate you about why your health concerns are a problem and what you can do to prevent them in the future.
- Individualized treatment plans. Many acupuncturists use similar protocols on all of their patients. At Balance Acupuncture and Herbs we tailor a treatment plan specifically to your needs.
- East meets West. In addition to traditional Chinese medical diagnostics we offer Functional medicine utilizing modern laboratory testing to hone your diagnosis.
- All of our herbal formulas meet GMP standards, are manufactured in the United States and are batch tested to assure safety and potency.
SCOT TAYLOR, L.AC., DIPL.AC., MSOM,
Scot Taylor, owner and founder of Balance Acupuncture and Herbs, is a licensed and certified practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine. He has extensive knowledge of Oriental herbology and has trained in many traditional and modern styles of acupuncture. He incorporates functional medicine as well as nutrition and lifestyle counseling into his practice and strongly believes that healing is a process in which the patient must take an active role. Scot constantly continues his training and education so that he can provide the very best care for his patients. He holds a Master of Science in Oriental Medicine degree from The Academy of Oriental Medicine in Austin and has been practicing in San Antonio, Texas for 5 years.